Why is my record request not available instantly?
The release of information (ROI) process is characterized by high levels of complexity and risk, which must be carefully balanced with the public’s need for health information. Key steps include:
- Authenticating the requestor.
- Logging, verifying, and tracking the request.
- Retrieving patient information from multiple locations in multiple formats.
- Determining the information required to fulfill the request.
- Safeguarding sensitive information that could potentially be released in the process.
Efficient, cost-effective execution is dependent on the ROI specialists at ChartRequest and our provider clients, who protect both the patient’s confidentiality and the practices’ liability throughout the entire process.